The War Around Us
- Subjects: War poem, government lies, relationship between war and money, Vietnam, Dresden
Origin of Mothers Day
- The original Mother's Day Proclamation was made in 1870. It was written by Julia Ward Howe. Julia Ward Howe is perhaps best known today for having written the words to "The Battle Hymn of the Republic" in 1862 when she was an antislavery activist.
Coalition of the Willing
- Links (and some comments). Focus moves to earlier coalition between Iraq and her later enemies.
No To War In Iraq 2003
- Site arguing provocatively that the Iraqi people should try to use Gandhi style stances of passive, non-violent resistance to stop the Bush-Blair war machine in its tracks and minimuise casualties in the war no one wants. Arthur Chappell
- Personnellement, je suis contre. (la guerre). [Leads to Smithsonian's "The Underwater Web" website, specifically the section entitled "War and Peace"]
- Stories that reflect the end of WW2 through the eyes of children.
- JustWarTheory.com is a free, non-profit, annotated aid to critical philosophical studies of warfare, terrorism, counter-terrorism, nationalism, war crimes, humanitarian intervention, and more.
Democracy In America
- A critical look at media coverage in America...A call to return to the popular democracy Alexis de Tocquville wrote of in Democracy in America, where people discussed ideas instead of having drivel spoonfed by pundits on Fox News.